LIMA Langkawi 09

On: Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Finally had the chance to witness myself the LIMA show in Langkawi. I read in the news that the 30,000 rooms available were all fully booked. This is not the best time to visit Langkawi if you're looking for leasure and a relaxing time. Luckily I had managed to book at Hotel at Kuah town. Car rentals were still available when I arrived at the airport. I had booked a manual-drive Wira for RM200 for 2 days which I thought was still reasonable compared to the prices published in the internet. Prices for normal period would be in the range of RM80, I think.

Witnessed the airshow from MIEC (Mahsuri International Exhibition Centre). Paying an extra RM10 would give you access to the runway where you can take closer shots of the planes and even have a sneak peak inside. The scorching heat was not a deterrent for any of these airshow enthusiasts. The air-conditioned complex of the MIEC is a huge relief after you've had enough of the outdoors. One after another you can see the plane and choppers take off and perform spectacular acrobatics you can't even imagine. Unfortunately the Red Arrow team was not participating this year as their show are always a highlight.

I think the best part of Langkawi is its cheap beer and chocolates. Imagine RM1.80 for a can of cold Tiger beer. That's about USD$0.52...where else in the world could you find beer so dirt cheap?








People who read this post also read :



0 comments on "LIMA Langkawi 09"